Emperor's Commitment To Ethical And Responsible Conduct
We believe we must meet the highest ethical expectations of our customers and consumers. To that end, we have adopted standards for the quality and safety of the products we sell, and we are committed assuring that our manufacturing processes respect the rights of individuals and protect the environment.
We will work to assure compliance with all applicable laws, and we will conduct business in an ethical, responsible manner. We expect the same commitment from all businesses that provide us products as primary manufacturers or component subcontractors. We also expect those suppliers to implement procedures to ensure continual compliance and upon mutual agreement will open their factories and records for audits by our company’s staff or qualified third-party organizations.
1. Product Safety
Compliance With Laws and Standards. We will comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding safety of products we sell. Where feasible and appropriate, we will meet applicable voluntary industry standards for our products and processes.
2. Product Quality
Expectations Consistently Met. We will support and expect manufacturing processes that ensure consistently met expectations of agreed-upon product quality and functionality.
3. Social Compliance
- No Abuse Of Labor. We will not use any form of forced labor, including indentured, prison, bonded, or slave labor. Physical abuse, the threat of physical abuse, sexual or other harassment, verbal abuse, or other forms of intimidation shall be prohibited.
- Employment Relationship. Employees shall be free to end employment at their discretion.
- No Child Labor. We will comply with the minimum ages defined by ILO Conventions on child labor, or applicable laws and regulations if they specify to a higher age requirement.
- Freedom Of Association: We respect the rights of employees to associate or organize without fear of reprisal or interference. If employees are represented by an organization recognized under law, we respect the right to bargain collectively.
- No Discrimination. We will not discriminate in employment hiring practices on the basis of age, nationality, race, religion, social status, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, disability, or other protected class as determined by local law.
- Hours And Wages. We shall not require workers to work more than the regular and overtime hours allowed by the law of the country where the workers are employed. All overtime work shall be consensual. Employers shall compensate all overtime work at a premium rate
- Workplace Conditions. We will provide a safe, healthy, and secure workplace. We will abide by all applicable laws and regulations for safety and health.
Product Security Through Delivery. We and our suppliers will implement procedures that ensure products have not been changed or tampered with from shipping point through delivery.
Ethical Behavior. Our suppliers are expected to conduct their business in accordance with the highest ethical standards and will strictly comply with all laws and regulations on bribery, corruption and prohibited business practices. No money, assets, gifts, fees, bribes or compensation of any kind may be given to our employees or our affiliates’ employees in an attempt to unduly influence such person’s decision making abilities.